For those interested in helping make Voice-over-IP (VoIP) work over IPv6, and specifically VoIP using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), the next conference call of the SIP Forum’s “SIP Over IPv6″ Task Group happens tomorrow, Thursday, June 20, 2013, at:
19:00 Central European Summer Time
18:00 British Summer Time
13:00 US Eastern Daylight Time
10:00 US Pacific Daylight Time
The dial-in number will be +1 972 756 9798 with a conference PIN of 009444. Additional country-specific dial-in numbers can be found in the email announcement.
In the agenda announcement from Rifaat Shekh-Yusef the items to be discussed include:
- Discuss the feedback and how to continue the discussion on the DISPATCH mailing list
- *Talk about the options for moving the document forward (AD sponsor vs. new WG)
2. Discuss the text for two new sections that Mohamed Boucadair provided.
(See “IPv6 Implementation Guidelines” & “IPv6/IPv4 Interworking Function: Avoid IPv6 address Leakage?” in the attached document)
- Should these be added to this draft, which means that we are extending the scope of this draft? or
- Should we create a separate draft?
3. Happy Eyeballs
4. Sunset4 WG
We received an email of interest from Marc Blanchet, co-chair of sunset4 wg, stating that this work is relevant to the work they are chartered to do.
Marc suggested that we socialize this work with the sunset4 wg, which I did already. He also suggested that we present this work during the coming IETF in Berlin.
We’re delighted to see this ongoing work within the SIP Forum and that several documents are now under consideration. We do encourage anyone interested in helping SIP work over IPv6 to participate in this call and to join the SIP Forum “IPv6″ mailing list for this task group.
For more information about VoIP / SIP and IPv6, please see our page on IPv6 and IP Communications.